Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Countdown Begins (32 days left)

One month until departure. It’s still too far way to be real. In the meantime, I’ve become the self-declared neighborhood bum – occasionally seen roaming the streets in a hoodie and sweats, but usually hidden and sleeping on the corner… of a couch (I have a little dignity and I’m not homeless yet, thank you).



View Larger Map
That's where I'll be living! Just 6 km from the ocean.

Anyways, I’m starting to get my act together. I'm deciding what I'd like to do during orientation - ATV, hike the jungle, tour the port, explore the outback, river raft, or horseback ride. I found out I’ll be living in a 2 bedroom studio apartment that’s a 5 minute walk from Uni (Australian slang for University. See? They like to ‘breve their words too!). And, wait for it... I'm even starting to think about applying for my Visa!

But I’m not the only one who's not on top of their game yet; Australia needs to figure it out too. Excuse me, giant flood in Queensland? No, that won’t be acceptable, although that would make river rafting more appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment