Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Queen Victoria Market

A fresh produce/fish market/raw meat/cooked meat delicatessen/bakery/international food stand/cocktail bar/smoothie shop/clothing and artisan dealer under one giant awning, conveniently located less than a 10 minute stroll from my front door. Incredibly fresh, relatively cheap, and stocked with the friendliest farmers (and their sons).

Fresh produce by day...

Including vegetables, fruit, meat, fish...

And all sorts of international material goodies...

Followed by an international food fest at night...

Where I tried my first emu burger.

Out of the 6 days I've been in Melbourne, and I've visited Queen Vic 4 times. It can definitely get overwhelming when there are over forty different stands from which I need to pick three tomatoes and a few peaches, and I always end up buying more than I set out for, but Queen Vic is definitely hitting high on my "favorite things in Melbourne" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment