Saturday, June 25, 2011

1:58.25

I ran the HALF Marathon in Wellington, New Zealand last weekend, and I finished just under my goal of two hours!

This is my "I think I'm gonna die" game face, 10 metres from the finish line.

Here's the general timeline of the 21.1 kilometres, or 13.1 miles, aka the longest almost two hours of my life:
0-5k: Yeah the race is starting! I'm so high on adrenaline I don't even care that it's rainy and cold!
5-10.1k: This is too easy. Let's speed up. Finally, the turnaround point. Halfway done party!
10.2-21k: Hell with a headwind.
21k: I can see the timer. Gotta break 2 hours!

Survivors! Look at our cool towels and D's sweet medal. She was hardcore and ran her first full marathon and did AMAZING.

Finishing the Half Marathon definitely makes the Top 10 Best Accomplishments in Audrey's Life list, somewhere between getting the gold medal in the 50 Backstroke (2001 Summer Swim Championships) and becoming President of the United States (2032 elections).

1 comment: