Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mythbusters: Killer Animals

Myth: Australia is home to the greatest number of poisonous animals/insects/reptiles/other creatures.

I have yet to see a single poisonous anything. The only spider I've seen in the past four months was at the Rainforestation Centre (to be fair, its body was the size of my palm). I saw some jelly fish in Sydney, but they weren't about to kill me. And no matter how hard I look, I can't seem to find any poisonous snakes - I guess they're just not popular in the city.

Again, Rainforestation, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't poisonous. Apparently, all the good, dangerous animals are hidden here.

Instead, I've seen heaps of kangaroos, koalas, wallabies, and wombats, the last of which is, by far, my favorite animal here. How life-threatening does this little guy look?


Conclusion: False. I'll believe it when I see it (aka get bitten/stung/die). Until then, Australia has no poisonous animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment