Monday, June 27, 2011

Wellington

The marathon/half-marathon wasn't all we did in Wellington, NZ. The night before the big race, D and I went to the rugby match at Westpac Stadium. When we weren't busy hiding from the on-off pouring rain, we waved our awesome free flags for the Wellington Hurricanes and tried our best to learn the rules of rugby.

Bandwagon fan for the losing team..

I already picked my favorite player - obviously the one with the dreads and neon orange shoes (I think he's inside the tackle in that picture).

Post-run, we recovered around the hostel and the nearby area. I did manage to crawl out of bed on Monday morning to check out Te Papa, New Zealand's national museum. It was huge and had heaps of information in its interactive exhibits.

This exhibit was called Slice of Heaven, and showed historical, politically hot topics in NZ.

Overall, an awesome trip. I'm so glad I made it to New Zealand again, and I can't wait to go back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment