Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pop Quiz Answers: Two Truths and a Lie (cont'd)

3. At community service in the mountains
a) I killed a cane toad by stomping on it
b) I played with cow bones
c) I planted over 50 rainforest trees
a) I killed a cane toad by stomping on it

Unrelated picture, but we were looking pretty fly in our neon probation vests.

It made a popping sound. But unfortunately, I didn’t have the opportunity to do the dirty deed, seeing as the Conservation Leader took care of it within a microsecond of spotting the creature. Apparently, the cane toads are an invasive species, and it is illegal in Australia to not kill one that’s been spotted.
Conclusion: FALSE

b) I played with cow bones
There was a cow cemetery in the middle of the field where we were planting the rainforest. It made for good fertilizer, and I learned about cow bone structure.
Conclusion: TRUE

c) I planted over 50 rainforest trees

Before

After

My partner and I rocked kicked some tree-planting butt. Come back in 300 years; you can chop down our perfectly planted trees and maybe make a small outhouse.
Conclusion: TRUE

No comments:

Post a Comment