Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Goodbyes, already?

It's getting to that time: the last week of classes, end of year parties, and lots of goodbyes. I'm definitely glad that I have no more lectures to go to, and I'm looking forward to the "Winter Wonderland" gala tomorrow, but saying goodbye is just not my jam. The way I see it, there's three ways to do it.
1. Exchange contacts and make plans for a visit, whether next week or within the next ten years.
"I'll call you when I go to Europe in 2015!"
2. Procrastinate, and maybe even lie.
"I'm sure I'll see you again before I leave!"
3. Cold-hearted, no strings attached.
"See you never, have a good life!"
I experienced all in one day last week. I knew this was going to happen (post #3), but that didn't make me any more prepared. In the end, though, I think the best way to do it really is number 3. It sucks, but if I learned anything from He's Just Not That Into You, it's that if someone really does want to see you again, they will find a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment