Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A Series of Unfortunate Events, pt 4


Tuesday, May 31st
11:30pm
(Outside Geckos Backpackers' Hostel)
-Sweet, receptionist is gone.
-Alright, let's go!
(Halfway down the hallway, a woman appears.)
-"Who let you in?"
-Our friend, he's outside.
-"You can't come in here. You're not staying here. That door is locked for a reason. Blah blah blah."
-..We just came to look for my cell phone charger in his room..
-"I'm not stupid."
-Fail.

11:45pm
So, uh, now what?
I'm going to hang out outside the Night Owl (convenience store). At least that's 24 hours, so if I scream, someone will have to hear me.
..great.

Wednesday, June 1st
12am
(Settling in on a bench outside the Night Owl)
Well, at least we've got some music from the two clubs on this street.
(Impromptu dance sesh)

12:10am
(After our first trip of many into the Night Owl)
It's been ten minutes and we're still alive.
I'm bored. What time is it?
Let's play the celebrities game..

Home, sweet home.

1:30am
(After one hour of the celebrities game, and twenty minutes of the geography game)
So far so good. No rapes, no murders, no one's even bothered us yet!

2:05am
(Music stops, creepers abound)
Creep #2: "Do you girls need some help?"
No.
"Are you planning on staying there all night?"
No, we're waiting for a taxi [lie].
"You should watch out, this town gets weird."
...

2:15am
Creep #I-can't-even-keep-count-anymore: "You girls are lucky, because tonight I'm your guardian angel! Here, have this candy."
...

::to be continued, in pt 5::

No comments:

Post a Comment